January 9, 2019 Boston, Massachusetts – Jonathan M. Feigenbaum, Esq. is speaking at the ABA TORT TRIAL & INSURANCE PRACTICE SECTION (TIPS) 45th Annual Midwinter Symposium on Insurance and Employee Benefits—Life, Health and Disability, and ERISA: Emerging Issues and Litigation.
Jonathan is an American Bar Association Fellow. He is the Vice Chair of the American Bar Association Torts Trial and Insurance Practice Section – Health and Disability Insurance Law Committee.
He currently serves on the American Bar Association Torts Trial and Insurance Practice Section as the Employee Benefits Committee, Vice-Chair, the Life Insurance Law Committee, Vice-Chair and as a Member of the Insurance Academy Task Force.
This year’s TIPS program focuses on the latest issues and trends in life insurance, health and disability insurance, employee benefits and ERISA, and insurance regulation. In addition to regular key updates and hot topics panels, there are a number of special panels focusing on
current issues including:
- Association health plans;
- The Washington, DC regulatory and legislative landscape after the midterm elections;
- The latest opportunities and challenges in complying with the new disability
- The influence of Big Data on insurance;
- The impact of common life events on life insurance proceeds;
- “Accidents” and causation under Accidental Death & Dismemberment policies, and
valuing, mediating, and resolving life, health and disability benefit claims.
Jonathan is presenting on ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT – AN UPDATE ON CAUSATION AND OTHER RECENT DEVELOPMENTS FOR AD&D CLAIMS. His presentation topics will include:
- Examination of facts, circumstances, policy provisions and interpretations in litigated cases involving “accidental” death insurance.
- What, exactly, constitutes an “accident” for accidental death insurance?
About ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS)
ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) is a source of knowledge and leadership on trial practice and critical issues of justice that involve tort and insurance law.
TIPS is unique within the ABA and the legal community because of our focus on balance and diversity, bringing together plaintiffs, defense, corporate and in-house counsel to tackle issues confronting our profession. TIPS enriches the tort, trial and insurance fields of law through CLE programs, comprehensive periodicals, cutting-edge publications, and innovative online resources.
For more information visit: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/tort_trial_insurance_practice/about_us/